Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Civil Wars

First off, sorry it's been a few days since the last post. I have 2 more exams and then I'm free and I've had to talk with some of the profs because of some absences caused by narcolepsy, I might do a post or two dedicated to narcolepsy, but now to the subject of this post...So this isn't drawing but I would like to share one of my new favorite artists, The Civil Wars. I've actually known about them for a bit, I heard their really popular song Barton Hollow a while ago on my local radio station. I didn't make an effort to go and listen to any of their other songs though until recently. The duo is made up of Jean Paul White and Joy Williams. Many people say Jean Paul looks like Johnny Depp and Joy Williams definitely lives up to her name, she has a very bubbly personality

the_civil_wars Joy Williams and Jean Paul White

They have released one studio album Barton Hollow and have released a few EP's as well as some live albums. One really cool thing about The Civil Wars is that they sound just as good, if not better, when they sing live. I've posted the live version of their song I've Got This Friend as well as the studio version. I've listened to this song so many times it's kind of ridiculous.

The live version


The Studio Version


They are an interesting genre, described as "Americana, folk, alternative, [and] country" according to Wikipedia. I would say they are less country and more folk alt personally. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do, I think they are extremely talented

6 comments:

  1. Great music! Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't like the live version too much, but the studio version is legit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just curious, what about the live version didn't you like? I think it's pretty similar to the original. Glad you like it though.

      Delete
  3. Didn´t knew them. They are very good

    ReplyDelete