Thursday, May 3, 2012

Foxy Shazam

I took my environmental science exam today, I just have psychology tomorrow and then I can go home. This song describes my mood right now pretty well.

The group is called Foxy Shazam. They are from Ohio and are pretty insane. They have such an energy in their music. I want to see them live some time, I've heard their concerts are amazing. According to Wikipedia, their genre is made up of Glam Rock, Alternative Rock,Pop-Rock, and Post-hardcore. They formed in 2004 and have produced 4 albums. I'd definitely recommend them, I like a lot of their stuff. Their self-titled album Foxy Shazam is probably one of my favorite albums, but I also really like their new album The Church of Rock and Roll.

They certainly have an interesting band image as you can see below. I think that's part of what makes them so cool. Their spontaneity and fun loving outlook make them stand out.

foxy_shazam Group shot of Foxy Shazam being themselves

I would say they are kind of like a punk version of Queen. Something about the lead singer Eric Sean Nally reminds me of Freddy Mercury. Especially in the song Unstoppable. All the mic tricks and just general dancing. His voice is somewhat similar as well.

I would eventually like to do a sketch of Eric, I will try and have it up sometime next week after I've finished my Mobster Skips sketch. That's about it for this, back to studying for my last exam.

9 comments:

  1. well then good luck for tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck for your psychology exam tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you did well on your exam! Good band as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, man, it went pretty well. I had a low attendance grade due to narcolepsy which kinda screwed me over before even going into the final. I either got probably a 2.0 or 2.5 over all. I did well on all my other classes though. At least 3.0 and above.

      Delete
  4. Excellent Working Dear Friend Nice Information Share all over the world.cheap bicycle shops london.God Bless You..
    olympic park cycles

    ReplyDelete