Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Paracord Bracelet

Hey guys, sorry it's been a while. I've been enjoying the freedoms of summer. I'm gonna try to do 2 posts/week up until May 31. I won't have access to a computer until August then, so I won't have any activity for a while.

UPDATE: The knot I was using to go through the loop was too small so I got a larger washer and fastened that bracelet. It works much better and can be seen at the bottom of the post.

Today I was bored and decided to make a paracord bracelet. I've had some for a long time and figured I'd put it to good use. After failing to make one by my own design, I went on youtube and found a helpful tutorial. It's very simple and took maybe 15 minutes tops, and that was with changing the song I was listening to a few times. The instructor goes nice and slowly and you really only need to know 2 knots which is nice.

I only had green paracord so it's a totally green bracelet but some time I wanna get 2 colors so I can have a cooler looking design. Here are a few pics of my results

top_view A view from the top

bottom_view A view from the bottom

New and improved bracelet with a washer for a fastener

This was a fun project that makes something kind of useful. Hope you guys enjoy making one too.

11 comments:

  1. Looks neat. My girlfriend is always making things like this, she even made me a cute little keychain for my birthday that kinda looks like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made my mom a key chain one for mother's day.

      Delete
  2. back in highschool the girls always made those

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a pretty unisex thing which is nice. I like being able to have a bracelet that doesn't make me look effeminate.

      Delete
  3. great how-to, I think I'll be making one of these soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, if you want, post the results or something, I'd like to see other people's outcomes as well.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Awesome. If you wouldn't mind posting results, that'd be sweet.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks. I made a slight change, instead of a knot, I took a washer and used that as the fastener.

      Delete
  6. This looks really cool. I'll have to try and find some paracord.

    ReplyDelete